Tuesday 26 April 2011

Stay On The Ground....

Sunny weekend in London, couldn't get better than this, lunch with the girls from work... some I know very well, but some just who I work with, bonding lunch Alex quoted.
It was such a great idea, even the weather decided to change just when the lunch ended... It starts to pour!! All good things must come to an end... the lunch was filled with love, laughter and joys, of course picking on Alex was the highlights!!!

So much of life in the elite night club, seeing all the beautiful people in blinks being greeted with VIP treatment from the hottest staff, with most expensive champagne flying in the room...I am very happy to know that me and my circle of friends are able to stay on the ground and be real...

THE GOOD THINGS in life, are not things...
Of course we all live in a society in which subjects are the only ones that are glorified. things such as  bags, shoes, cars, the amount of money we have, and other things tell some people who they are in society, truly if those are the only "good"things in a person's life then more than likely that person is not truly happy!!!

I'm going to Oslo for the weekend to spend sometime with Marte, I wanted to buy her fashion items she might love as a gift, in the end of the day girls like us, loves fashion... but instead Marte gave me a shopping list of salad sauce and snacks!!! that's it??? I asked myself..... and I smile.....
Marte, a beautiful girl who doesn't have a beautiful girls attitude! If there is character for her, she could be the bride in Kill Bill!! She is funny, loving, giving, driven and determine. straight forward and no bullshit.. people wont believe this is who she is by looking at her.. to today i still think she doesn't know how good she is just yet!!!
After living the colourful life of London, She had gone home in Oslo for her doctor career!She belongs to London city, she could flying high here with a different life to be with us, but she has chosen to stay on the ground...
Tough decision to make for a 24 yr old... but she did!!! and she is living by it everyday!!!

I want to get her some thing nice, don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with having nice things, I LOVE IT!! but nice things will give you a boost just like red bull, last for few hours few days... To me and Marte, the nicest thing that we have in life are the relationships we build with people, the love we are able to give and get back freely from and to the people that we care about. the positive impact we have on this world, the people we inspire and encourage, and the people who inspire and encourage us!!

Life in Asia, I often see picture of people convening on the ground, to work, to socialize and to eat. they are the people with strong roots in the earth, a Grounded-ness that appears both primal and noble at the same time, Marte has been traveling through Asia when she was young, I start to think as much a banana I am, yellow skin, white within.. she could be the other way round!!!

littlemisssunshine
xxx




2 comments:

  1. beautiful girls you two..... hope to meet you both in Oslo!

    ReplyDelete