Thursday 14 April 2011

ALEX NICHOLL

Alex is in a great mood today, I asked "what happened to you?""It worries me when you are happy like this" specially when i know he has gave up his planned holiday to work." simply he replied "nothing" I dont really care whether i get an answer or not, but because he is happy, I was happy that i can take the piss..

"Why are you so mean to me always, Since i walked into the club, for 45mins, non of you has said anything nice to me, I have a new hair cut, and I dressed nicely, I have just been to a dinner, and, and, and, you FAT Shannon!! yes, you FAT" "ok, ok, Clam down,Clam down" as Marte will say!!!

Yes that is the person im going to write about, My boss, my closet friend - ALEX NICHOLL

LONDON, a city for me, where i don't know my neighbors, where people don't necessarily care if they know their neighbors or not. Once i had a delivery that I forgot to stay home and wait for, postman feel weird to leave it with my neighbors when I told him I dont know them... I'm missing things that truly fed my soil when i was younger, the exchange between people, the caring and the shared history with people..

I walked into Alex's life 6 years ago, when he had decided not to give me a job, because I'm not a 6 foot tall blonde bombshell! Now days he likes to cover that story by saying, oh well Shannon, you didnt exactly made an effort that day when you came for the interview!

Oh thanks!!! that made me feel so much better! A fashion criticism from Alex Nicholl, a pale looking skinny boy back then with bad skin, not to mention,who had slick comb back long hair, a wet look that had achived by using may be more then 2 tubs of hair gel, he must has done that to get a sponsership from Loreal, knowing alex, and his business brain! im suprise he hasn't timed to go to supermarket and be the 1st in line for the daily reduced section.. Bootleg jeans that clearly doesnt fit his chuncky shape of legs, and to go with it a pair of Kicker you only see it on a school boy!!

Now we all get a picture of how shocked I was when he try to cover his horrible action( employ people by looks) by criticis my fashion sense!

THE END.

Really? That is a horrible story to tell, this Alex Nicholl is not nice!!!hang on.there is more. To contiune,
The min he realised that 6 foot tall blonde bombshell can't get job done, or at least the ones he found, couldnt, that was the very next day, i got a call,  just when i sat in my flat feeling sorry and ugly... since then we become BFF!!

Really? not really!!! To get to know Alex was a loooooong journy... always feeling awkward and hard to impress him! took me a year to start to talk to him.. that was sitting in the same office 4 times a week..he does have this problem even now days, everyone who met him feels the same, hard to approched.. running a club doesnt have people skills?? how does it work???

Traines 5 times a week, on a strict diet with no carbs, sunday=cheat day, remember in st tropez, a Sat night dinner started late(now thinking of it, he planned it late). by 12am sunday morning, Alex went for it.... PIZZA!!!! A hair cut and a tan(fake, humm may be not, must be the mediterranean blood), to finish it lucky Alex has been transfromed by a super stylish stunding looking norwegian girlfriend.

Hundreds of words later not a nice word about him, why the hell im writing about Alex??

BECAUSE THE ALEX I  GOT TO KNOW, CARES! ALEX I KNOW IS A REAL FRIEND!

people now days dont believe a guy and a girl can be friends, people always think oppsite sex always end up having sex... I have no need to conform to the stereotypes other have defined for me... Im a tomboy, I always perfer cars than barbies, Red wine than champange..
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn life around, with Aex thats what happened!!
As a boss, He is a HARD worker sets just the right example.. super good at what he is doing, the brian behinds it all, he taugh me how to become better at seeing the problems and act on it, no matter how much he doesnt like to be the person to speak to, he listens he cares, worries shows on his face, you can smell the heavy thoughts he is bearing from miles away.. He scares when he is doing a speech but he put on that brave face and brighten up the whole room, he taugh me many other things, watching him work makes me want to be like him!
As a friend, He is not very good at expressing his feeling hence we gave him the nickname CYBORG. He might not be a person who is good at communication, but sometimes communication doesnt need words, have you ever watch Hula Dancers and understood the story being told without one word? he makes me understand if we want to listen to everyone then we will have to take our turn, and let the smallest go 1st!! Its not what you say the most difficult, it is how we are going to live by it makes it hard! but he does live by it, he might seem careless from time to time, he has always live by what he said to me!!
He is not a truly passionate person, he devoted to his gym and would stop everything to go to the gym, he cares about his family and friends, and the north london flat that is not sudrounded by fancy restaurants or litter or vandalism, when he sees people who needs help, he care about each and everyone of them and try to help, in fact he care deeply about lots of things, but not with passion, or just dont know how to show it.. Well may b about his gym 'home house". He feels pain, my pain and other peoples pain, he laugh and cry but somehow the intensity of passion doesn's exit for him, to end on a positive note, i do know its in there somewhere in him, just waiting to be ignited...

Just because Alex doesnt know how to express himself sometimes it doesnt mean he doesnt care.. I care about Alex deeply, I was running the risk by doing that, but I have left an impact on him and it brought me happiness.........

Lets hope he is not going to kill me and still be my friend, if he ever going to read this, and see those photos i have choosen for this post!!!

LITTLEMISSSUNSHINE
xxx


7 comments:

  1. This man is hot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this its cute but seriously sort out the spelling mistakes it ruins the whole ethos of the blog. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adam 'Stiffler' Harvey14 April 2011 at 09:42

    Classic Shannon. Love the pics and the blog, keep it up. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. LETS GUESS WHICH ONE IS ALEX BITTER COMMENT SHALL WE?

    ReplyDelete
  5. you have lovely friend shannon!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. where do you work shannon? i want to meet this guy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh Shannon this is so awesome!!.. Your blog is my 'Go-to' place!!.. Keep em' comin!!.. xx

    ReplyDelete